The ancient Greek physician, Hippocrates, once said: “Our food should be our medicine and our medicine should be our food”. The statement, made some 2500 years ago, stands true even today. However, with the increasing intake of junk food and unhealthy snacks, various health issues have mushroomed in recent times. When one adds this to the fact that a large number of people today lead sedentary lives with the arrival of computers and mobile phones, we can well understand how the frenetic pace of modern lives can end up shortening their span. Consequently, despite the advances made by science and healthcare, the fact remains that it could be more than likely that the present generation suffers from a lot more ailments and maladies than people who lived a hundred years back.
Keeping this in mind, certain measures that might be small but can yield big and beneficial results have been listed below.
* Positive Thinking: Researchers have established a correlation between the power of positive thinking and the life span of individuals. However, positive thinking does result in lesser time spent worrying and therefore, it does reduce the levels of stress in individuals.
* Physical Activity: Some amount of physical exercise remains a must for each person. Therefore, if working out at the gym puts you off, try other pursuits such as walking, jogging, dancing, swimming etc. They can provide a lot more fun while you exercise. Further, activities like running and dancing also improve the health of your bones.
* Regular intake of Carrots: Eating carrots regularly can aid your eyesight. Carrots have beta-carotene present in them that converts to Vitamin-A in the body.
* Regular intake of oily fish: Oily fish i.e. tuna, sardines, salmons, herrings etc. provide your body with large amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids that can reduce the levels of cholesterol in the blood. This also serves to reduce the chances of suffering a stroke.
* Use Olive Oil: Olive Oil – being a monosaturated form of fat – helps reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood. Using it as an alternative for salad dressing and frying foods can be quite beneficial.
People have begun employing a health coach for providing tips and exercises, beneficial to their health. Health Coach Weekly, an online magazine, provides an online means for health coaches to touch the lives of more people. With their message of health and hope – through which they guide people into leading healthier lives – Health Coach Weekly carries messages from experts in health coaching. With their expertise, they help individuals become the very picture of health